Thursday, March 06, 2008

Not a "Maker"


Not that anyone has asked, but...

I am not a "Maker".

I've alternated between awe and respect in regards to the things I've seen "Makers" make, but I am not one of their clan. Neither am I one of the closely related "Dorkbots".

I don't think I actually "like" to make things. I am driven to make things. It's in my blood.

I don't have a lot of things to show at this time because I tend to obsess. I hate the idea of spending 8 hours a day working on stuff that doesn't interest me, so I tend to get (and stick with) jobs that allow me to obsess. And, that tends to suck away at my CFT.

So, I am less interested in making really cool stuff like you can see here. But I do seem drawn to making (or at least thinking about) stuff that has more tangible impact.

That sounds rather "engineer-y", but I am (at times) equally consumed by art (music, books, drawing and painting). Sometimes I've even been known to do a drawing/painting or two.

Keep an eye on this space and hopefully I will find the CFT to work on something I am passionate about. It may not be earth-shattering, but hopefully it will be interesting, well engineered and full of beauty.

Enough talk... I should be working on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment